Oshawa, Canada, L1G8A6
Joined on May, 2014
Any day at any time
Up to 20 minutes away at my regular hourly rate
EducationGraduated from UOIT with a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (HONS) with Distinction in 2012. Cumulative GPA of 3.79 overall; 3.95 GPA in the last two years.
ExperienceI have tutored students in High School and University and find joy and fierce satisfaction from providing the tools for people for understanding complex subjects.I find the best way to help others is to listen patiently and tailor information and teaching to the student's specific needs and learning abilities. I have taken courses in and can provide tutoring for Psychology, Nursing, and general Health Science courses such Anatomy & Physiology, Pathophysiology, Microbiology, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Nutrition, and others. I can provide a list of courses taken upon request. I have worked with an English teacher for years and have specific training to assist students in Essay writing.
I have listed below a summary of my most relevant qualifications.
1. Peer tutor at the Academic Success Centre at UOIT (University of Ontario Institute of Technology). I tutored students in general Health Science courses, Nursing courses, and Psychology courses. I also tutored students and assisted them in essay writing.
2. Lab mentor at the Nursing Simulation Lab. I provided constructive criticism and guidance in the practical skills lab.
3. Worked with an accredited English teacher as an assistant for several years. I collaborated with the teacher to tailor information to students of all ages, ranging from children to adults. I tutored English and Sciences courses.
4. I've received the Canadian Institutes for Health Research: Health Professional Student Research Award that allowed me to conduct research in Biochemistry which was later published.
5. I've received the Top GPA Award and Academic Excellence Award while participating in a varsity-level sport at University.
6. I successfully wrote the licensing exam to become a Registered Nurse.
7. I have worked as a Registered Nurse since 2012 in Surgical Oncology at Sunnybrook and in operatory and recovery settings in a private clinic.
8. I have worked as a research assistant in varying fields, including Biochemistry, Social Psychology, and Environmental Carcinogens.
HobbiesI am a very avid reader and currently enjoy expanding my collection of psychology and criminology books.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.